|flickr image by adactio|
1 tbs olive oil
6 4-oz salmon fillets or steaks
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ red onion, chopped
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
3 tbs fresh basil, chopped (1 ½ tbs dried)
1 tbs capers
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Sauté the salmon on each side for two to three minutes.
- Remove fish from skillet and add garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Sauté for two minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add salmon, basil, capers and pepper;
- cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until salmon is done to taste.
Per serving: 170 calories; 26-percent fat, 52-percent protein, 22-percent carbohydrate.