|Flickr image by Edsel L|
Here’s a low-calorie seafood pasta recipe from
1 Tbsp olive oil
1cup chopped onion
2cloves garlic, minced
8-oz can tomato sauce
28-oz can whole tomatoes, undrained and mashed
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 Tbsps parsley, minced
1 lb clams, shucked and drained (16 clams in shells or 2 6V2-OZ cans,
12-oz package fettuccine noodles
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion is tender.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, spices and parsley.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and discard. Add clams; cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve clams and sauce over noodles.
Per serving: 316 calories; 6-percent fat, 29-percent protein, 64-percent carbohydrate.