Yummy, crumbly, sweet, fruity, and chocolatey, the Florentine biscuits are a delight both for the eyes and the palate. You can make these delectable treats that originally came from Italy. Bake these cookies as lovely snacks or gifts for the holidays or just for any occasion.
¾ cup raisins
2 cups crushed cornflakes
¾ cup nuts (peanuts/ almonds/ or other nuts)
½ cup glazed cherries
½ can condensed milk
3 oz. sweet baking chocolate
- Grease the baking sheets and lightly dust with cornstarch.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cornflakes, raisins, glazed cherries, and condensed milk until well blended.
- Spoon cookie mix into small heaps onto the baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 375F for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool in room temperature.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler. Remove from heat and keep stirring until you get a thick consistency.
- Brush the melted chocolate onto the flat part of the cookie and set aside until it completely cools.
Yields 30 cookies