2 lbs chicken, cut into serving sizes
3 T raw honey
3 T soy sauce
3 T fresh orange juice
1 t ginger, grated
3 T dry white wine or sherry
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well and pour this sauce over the chicken pieces as a marinade.
- Let the mixture stand for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Turn the pieces occasionally during this marinating time.
- When it is time to bake, arrange the meat in a single layer in a shallow bake ware or a ceramic baking dish. Do not throw the sauce away, for you will be using this for basting.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 50 minutes or until the meat is tender, while occasionally basting the chicken pieces with the sauce as it cooks.
Serve hot or cold.
This is good for 3 - 4 persons.
Other Chicken Recipes:
Low Calorie Lunch: Chunky Chicken Soup