Serving sweet ham during festivities is a popular and pleasant tradition among many families. You'll be surprised to know cooking that sumptuous ham isn't that complex. If you are craving for some festive food or if you feel the need to impress someone with a nice-looking dish worthy of being a centerpiece, try cooking this version of sweet ham.
1 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 piece crushed dried laurel leaf
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 head garlic, crushed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Anizado wine or 1/8 cup black beer
1/2 cup brown sugar for topping
- In a large pot, immerse the ham in just enough water to cover the meat.
- Add vinegar and boil for at least twenty minutes.
- Remove ham from the pan and scrape the meat to clean it from the excess dirt.
- Immerse the meat in enough water to cover the ham and add the rest of the ingredients except the 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- Remove the skin to reveal the fat.
- Sprinkle the ham with brown sugar.
- Place on a baking dish and broil the ham until the top turns brown.
Other pork recipes:
Easy Pork Binagoongan RecipeApplebee's Baby Back Ribs