4 tablespoons unrefined oil
1 pound Jerusalem artichokes, sliced thin
2 onions, sliced thin
2 cups hot water or vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
2 cups hot milk
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat a large saucepan.
- Add the oil, Jerusalem artichokes, and onions.
- Cover and saute on low heat, stirring often until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the water or stock and salt.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Mash the vegetables or blend in a blender.
- Add the hot milk and nutmeg.
- Heat through. Jerusalem artichokes are mild and sweet. They make a delicate creamy soup.