|flickr image by Jamison_Judd|
This recipe is similar to Ben & Jerry's Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies. Enjoy!
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Brown sugar
1 Large egg
1/2 teas Vanilla extract
1 cup (+ 2 teas) All Purpose Flour
1/2 teas Salt
1/2 teas Baking Soda
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter and the sugars in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop the dough by small scoops 2 to 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- With the back of a spoon, flatten each to about 3 inches in diameter.
- Bake for about 11 to 14 minutes until the centers are still slightly soft to the touch.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 12 to 15 cookies.